Subject: Fw: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Required Artifact Metadata

Forwarding on behalf of Peter.

blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html
phone: +1 508 377 9295
----- Forwarded by Christopher B Ferris/Waltham/IBM on 07/14/2005 08:44 AM
-----

Peter Niblett/UK/IBM@IBMGB
07/14/2005 08:40 AM

Christopher B Ferris/Waltham/IBM

Fw: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Required Artifact Metadata

Bounced email number 1. I guess it went to Gilbert ok

Peter Niblett
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member
Lead Architect WebSphere Messaging
+44 1962 815055

----- Forwarded by Peter Niblett/UK/IBM on 14/07/2005 13:40 -----

Peter Niblett/UK/IBM
14/07/2005 12:15

"Gilbert Pilz" <Gilbert.Pilz@bea.com>
cc
ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Required Artifact Metadata

I have a couple of questions:

1. The guidelines at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13344/ArtifactIdentificationRequirements-v1.0-wd-15.pdf
say that the tc: component should be the short name of the TC with hyphens
removed, i.e. wsrx. You have put "tbd", does this mean that you are
looking at an alternative?

2. The guidelines permit the use of 1.0 as the productVersion, and that
appears to be the form used in the current WDs (and other OASIS specs).
Are you proposing not to use a minor version?

Peter Niblett

"Gilbert Pilz" <Gilbert.Pilz@bea.com>
14/07/2005 05:19

<ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>

[ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Required Artifact Metadata

Title: Required Artifact Metadata
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13344/ArtifactIdentificationRequirements-v1.0-wd-15.pdf
) require that the artifacts (documents, schemas, etc.) produced by a TC
should have a minimum set of of metadata that describes these artifacts.
Justification: OASIS requirement.
Target: core, policy
Type: editorial
Proposal: We propose the following values for each specification:
WS-ReliableMessaging:
artifactName: TBD
tc: TBD
product: wsreliablemessaging
productVersion: 01
artifactType: spec
stage: wd
descriptiveName: Web Services Reliable Messaging Protocol Specification
WS-RM Policy:
artifactName: TBD
tc: TBD
product: wsrmpolicy
productVersion: 01
artifactType: spec
stage: wd
descriptiveName: Web Services Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion
Specification
Note that the ?product names? of these two artifacts differ.