Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Groups - Latest Editors WSRX Files (Latest WSRX.zip) uploaded

WS-Policy 1.5 Framework and Attachment specs are in Candidate Recommendation status
as of yesterday.

Is that "not far enough along in the standards process"? Basically, there are two stages remaining.
PR and REC. The CR phase is the Call for Implementations phase. The WG has identified exit
criteria of 4 interoperating implementations of each of the features of the specs with the exclusion of
4 features that require only 2. As of this week, we have 2 published endpoints that are interoperating
on the set of interop test scenarios defined for the first 3 rounds of the interop scenarios.

To me, that suggests that the specs are far enough along in the standards process to be referenced.
The namespace is final (unless the specs revert to Working Draft) in the CR.

When we went though the CR transition, it was pretty clear that the changes made to the specs
since the Last Call were of a non-substantive nature (e.g. no features added or removed). The most significant
change was to the namespace itself.

Must we go through another review period just to change a reference from the LC draft to the CR? I certainly
hope not.

STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris