wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Re: [wsrf] Re: [wsn] WS-Addressing submitted to W3C as input

Title: Message
Steve,
Your push for adopting WS-Addressing as currently submitted to the W3C seems to imply that the future WG will pretty much rubber stamp that submission (as opposed to evaluating it together with other submissions like WS-MD and coming up with something that might be rather different than the original WS-Addressing submission).

Do you have some inside information about the work of the future WG that we don't have? (As a W3C Advisory Committee rep, I would really like to know ...).

Ugo
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Graham [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 9:28 AM
To: Anish Karmarkar
Cc: wsn@lists.oasis-open.org; wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org

> I'm not sure how this ambiguity has been clarified. It is just a
> submission (with clear IRP decl.) not a standard (yes, I know so is SOAP
> 1.1 and WSDL 1.1 -- but that does not mean that we make the same mistake
> thrice :-) ).
I don;t think WSDL 1.1 or SOAP 1.1 was or is a mistake.  I don't think adopting

WS-Addressing as submitted is a mistake either.

So, while the WG in W3C gets formed and produces its work, my claim is that
we should move to WS-Addressing as submitted to W3C (resolving issue WSRF43)
and not continue to consider some abstract wrapper over the EPR as the
"ws-reference" suggestions discussed at the F2F.

With regards the addition of reference properties, we will need to consider
if in fact they are needed at all in WSRF.  I suspect that existing implementations
will have to update to the new WS-Addressing anyway, but this update appears
relatively minor.

sgg
++++++++
Steve Graham