wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] latest draft of WS-BaseN

yep, good issues Tom.  I will draft a new version (d) of WS-BaseN and repost.

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

Tom Maguire/Hawthorne/IBM

12/08/2004 09:40 AM

Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
wsn@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [wsn] latest draft of WS-BaseNLink

A couple of issues/questions related to the latest draft:

109

The NotificationProducer ensures that notifications will be delivered to the NotificationConsumer as requested in the Subscribe request, or returns a fault if the subscription cannot be handled.

I think the highlighted statement above is too strong.  The question I have is what is definition of 'delivered'?  Does it mean just message request sent?

232

it MUST contain the URI http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/yyyy/mm/wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01.wsdl/Notify

for wsrf the SOAP URI is the default: namespace, portType name, message name.  So I think this should be http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/yyyy/mm/wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01.wsdl/NotificationConsumer/Notify
Since the input message does not have a name I'm unsure what the last part (message name) of that should be.

270, 411, 520, 558, 613, 655, 667, 697, 728, 832, 850, 870, 895, 916, 941, 961, 986
same as line 232

807

whether notifications will be delivered

Same problem with 'delivered'

A few issues/comments unrelated to the edits in the latest draft:

524

/wsnt:SubscriptionReference/wsa:Address

wsa:Address should be wsa:EndpointReference

527

/wsnt:SubscriptionReference/wsrl:CurrentTime

should not be /wsnt:SubscriptionReference should only be wsrl:CurrentTime

532

/wsnt:SubscriptionReference/wsrl:TerminationTime

same as 527

Tom

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them.  —Albert Einstein
T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

12/07/2004 04:06 PM

wsn@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[wsn] latest draft of WS-BaseN

I posted [1] draft 01c of WS-BaseN version 1.3.  This reflects consensus between David Hull and I on the resolutions to the following issues:

WSN 1,7, 2.7, 2.13, 2.14, 2.15, 2.24 and WSN2.17 revisited (Sanjay: this is an AI David Hull had, closing WSN 2.17).

We would like a third set of eyes to verify execution of these resolutions and recommend that these issues be closed.  Jem, may we impose upon you again?

sgg

[1]http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsn/download.php/10478/wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01c.doc

++++++++