wsn message

Subject: Proposed new issue: Policy information in Notifications

Issue: In many notifications system, notably JMS, individual messages can be marked for durability requirements.  Similarly, prioritization is often allowed on a per-message basis.  At present, it is not clear how this information can or should be composed into the Notify message syntax -- yet we explicitly expect to negotiate for the availability of durability features when setting up the subscription.  Since it is data about the message, rather than the message itself, it seems to me that this data does not belong in the <Message> element.  And since it's a notice to the message consumer, it also does not appear to be data that is best left to elements associated with the transport or reliability binding.

Proposal: Introduce a <wsnt:NotificationPolicy dialect="uri"> extensibility point into NotificationMessage.

Thanks --

-- Rick Cobb