wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Transform for TopicSpace to instance xml

Bryan

Thanks for doing this update. I'll incorporate this into the proposal for
WSN 4.2.  However I notice that we say the wstop:TopicSpace/@name is
optional, so I think we will need to use something else for the root
element of the transformed document - in the first attempt at the proposal
I used tns:TopicSpaceRoot. I don't think it really matters what this node
is called - it isn't a Topic so isn't something that needs to be returned
by a TopicExpression.

Regards

Peter Niblett
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member

             "Murray, Bryan
             P."
             <bryan.murray@hp.                                          To
             com>                      "Tom Maguire"
                                       <tmaguire@us.ibm.com>,
             27/04/2005 02:30          <wsn@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsn] Transform for TopicSpace
                                       to instance xml

Tom,

My understanding of the purpose of the transform was to transform a
TopicSpace document into a document on which the WS-Topics FullPath
expression operates. When I run the MUWS topic space document (
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/12/muws/wsdm-muws-part2-events.xml)
through your XSL doc, I don't get what I expect.

I have created an alternate XSL doc:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:wstop="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/wsn-WS-Topics-1.2-draft-01.xsd";
    version="1.0">

  <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" encoding="utf-8"
omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

  <xsl:variable name="tns"><xsl:value-of
select="/wstop:TopicSpace/@targetNamespace"/></xsl:variable>

  <xsl:template match="/wstop:TopicSpace">
    <xsl:element name="ns:{@name}" namespace="{$tns}">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="wstop:Topic">
    <xsl:element name="{@name}">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="/wstop:TopicSpace/wstop:Topic">
    <xsl:element name="ns:{@name}" namespace="{$tns}">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match='text()'/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

With the following output:

<ns:MuwsNotificationTopics xmlns:ns="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/12/muws/wsdm-muws-part2-events.xml";>
  <ns:IdentityCapability>
  </ns:IdentityCapability>
  <ns:ManageabilityCharacteristicsCapability>
  </ns:ManageabilityCharacteristicsCapability>
  <ns:CorrelatablePropertiesCapability>
  </ns:CorrelatablePropertiesCapability>
  <ns:DescriptionCapability>
  </ns:DescriptionCapability>
  <ns:StateCapability>
  </ns:StateCapability>
  <ns:OperationalStatusCapability>
  </ns:OperationalStatusCapability>
  <ns:MetricsCapability>
  </ns:MetricsCapability>
  <ns:ConfigurationCapability>
  </ns:ConfigurationCapability>
  <ns:RelationshipsCapability>
    <RelationshipCreated>
    </RelationshipCreated>
    <RelationshipDeleted>
    </RelationshipDeleted>
  </ns:RelationshipsCapability>
  <ns:RelationshipAccessCapability>
  </ns:RelationshipAccessCapability>
  <ns:RelationshipResourceCapability>
  </ns:RelationshipResourceCapability>
  <ns:ManageabilityEndpointCreation>
    <ManageableResourceCreation>
    </ManageableResourceCreation>
  </ns:ManageabilityEndpointCreation>
  <ns:ManageabilityEndpointDestruction>
    <ManageableResourceDestruction>
    </ManageableResourceDestruction>
  </ns:ManageabilityEndpointDestruction>
</ns:MuwsNotificationTopics>

The resulting transformed document is what I was picturing. WS-Topics will
need to make it clear that an expression such as
"ns:RelationshipsCapability/*" does not indicate the root element of the
transformed document.

Bryan