wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] [wsn potential issue] Open content on Publisher Registration

A belated +1.

Steve Graham wrote:

Hi Sanjay:
I think you understand the issue, at least as I understand it.

It seems we are inconsistent in BaseN on the extensibility of most of our message exchanges.

The following messages do not have extensibility:
NotificationConsumer::Notify
NotificationProducer::Subscribe
NotificationProducer::SubscribeResponse
NotificationProducer::GetCurrentMessage

The following messages have extensibility:
NotificationProducer::GetCurrentMessageResponse
SubscriptionManager:PauseSubscription
SubscriptionManager:PauseSubscriptionResponse
SubscriptionManager:ResumeSubscription
SubscriptionManager:ResumeSubscriptionResponse

So I guess a better way to consider the issue of consistency is whether we should add extensibility to all the messages, or whether we should remove it where it appears.

My vote would be to add extensibility to Notify, Subscribe, SubscribeResponse and Get CurrentMessage.

sgg
++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, IBM Software Group, Web services and SOA
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++