Subject: Re: [wsrf] resolving issue 72: clarification of PutResourcePropertiesDocument operation semantics

Folks,

I'm with Steve on this. I know how nice it would be to have symmetry
with get and put for the whole document, but I don't think it is worth
the complexity. Reasons:

1) I'm still missing a really compelling use case for replacing the
whole RP Doc in one go.

2) The semantics provided by Igor make it clear to me that this is not
a simple operation. A simpler semantic, e.g. the new RP Doc replaced
the old one or fault, would be preferable if a lot less useful. This
would at leaset parallel the WS-Transfer put for a WS-Resource that had
a 100% writable RP Doc. Incidentally, I believe that a PutRPDoc
operation is only meaningful in the first place if the whole document
is writable.

3) I would put a big -1 to parameterizing the operation. Igor's
semantics are already too complex for my liking. Let's not parameterize
them as well.

4) I can't think of another one, but it probably has to do with Lawyers.

Talk to you all on Monday.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE