Subject: resolving issue 72: clarification of PutResourcePropertiesDocument operation semantics

Responding to my AI [(Igor) Put forward a proposal to resolve issue 72 - how this would be done with respect to the semantics issues etc.]

I suggest to define the following semantics for the PutResourcePropertiesDocument operation. The words are precise, so may not be easy to read. Let me know if this needs further clarifications or not.
Note that rule 3 is covering the case where the resource properties document submitted in Put request in not XML Schema valid (e.g. a partial document with some required properties omitted). The rule 1.B.I is covering the case where the document is valid, but may fill the values that are assigned by the WS-Resource implementation e.g. IDs, static values, default values, calculated values, transient values, etc. Either way it is up to the implementation to interpret Put, however, I believe, it is sufficiently interoperable if the client can count on these rules to be in effect.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)