Subject: Re: [xacml] apr15 schema subcom issues

On 17 April, ernesto damiani writes: [xacml] apr15 schema subcom issues
 > One more comment about OCL: it has been used with mixed results as a query
 > language for class declaration repositories, e.g. to select existing
 > declaration and implementations that "match" a given template.
 > As a language for describing algorithms from scratch well... it has its
 > drawbacks.

OCL was used in the following two access control policy
projects, but I had trouble understanding the resulting
specifications.

  author = 	 {F. Chen and R. S. Sandhu},
  title = 	 {Constraints for Role-Based Access Control},
  booktitle = 	 {Proceedings of the 1st {ACM}/{NIST} Role Based Access Control Workshop, Gaithersburg, Maryland, {USA}},
  OPTcrossref =  {},
  OPTkey = 	 {},
  OPTpages = 	 {},
  year =	 {1995},
  OPTeditor = 	 {},
  OPTvolume = 	 {},
  OPTnumber = 	 {},
  OPTseries = 	 {},
  OPTaddress = 	 {},
  OPTmonth = 	 {},
  OPTorganization = {},
  publisher =	 {{ACM} Press},
  note =	 {cited in \cite{damianou:1}.  Uses OCL \cite{uml:1}.},
  OPTannote = 	 {}

@TechReport{damianou:1,
  author = 	 {Nicodemos Damianou and Naranker Dulay and Emil Lupu and Morris Sloman},
  title = 	 {The Ponder Policy Specification Language},
  institution =  {Dept. of Computing, Imperial College, London},
  year = 	 {2000},
  OPTkey = 	 {},
  OPTtype = 	 {},
  number =	 {V5},
  address =      {\htmladdnormallink{http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/$\sim$mss/Papers/Ponder-summary.pdf}{http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mss/Papers/Ponder-summary.pdf}},
  month =	 {Aug},
  note =	 {Very similar to \cite{damianou:5}},
  annote =	 {paper copy in Phase 2 library}
}