xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Linked XRD Processing Rules

Think of webfinger as a directory lookup. You might want to point to
information hosted in other providers. For instance, the manager of my
social graph is over there, the manager of by activity stream is over
here.

However, I think it is fine for us to punt on linked XRDs altogether.

1. Let OpenID deal with the delegation through an extension to host-meta.

2. Let Webfinger figure out what it needs. Nobody probably knows what
it is at this point. It is always possible for applications to define
extensions that point to other XRDs. The use case is not mature enough
to drive the work in this TC. We have to keep this simple and get
people onboard.

--
--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk