amqp-ms message

Subject: AMQP Skill on LinkedIn

One small but easy way we can promote AMQP is by getting an official LinkedIn 'Skill' designation for the standard, like the one we have for SAML:   http://www.linkedin.com/skills/skill/SAML?trk=tyah

If you use LinkedIn, please consider promoting AMQP as one of your Skills on your LinkedIn profile:

        Click Profile at the top of your home page and scroll down to the Skills section.
        Click the Edit link. Type in 'AMQP'.
        Click Add Skills to save your changes.

If you don't have the "Skills" section you'll need to add one first:

        Click Profile at the top of your home page and then click Add Section under the profile overview box.
        Under "Sections", scroll down and click Skills.
        Click Add to Profile.

After updating your profile, you may also request to have AMQP added to LinkedIn's official Skills list by clicking "Send Feedback" at the bottom of your LinkedIn homepage. (See the message below from LinkedIn on this.) If that happens, AMQP will appear in the official list of LinkedIn 'Skills' and get a dedicated LinkedIn page like SAML's.

Thanks,
Carol

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: LinkedIn Customer Support <linkedin_support@cs.linkedin.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Subject: Skills [Ticket: 120319-004504]
To: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org

LinkedIn Customer Support Message

Subject: Skills
Hi Carol,

This is Toni from LinkedIn Customer Service. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. We are currently receiving a high volume of inquiries. Please know that your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your message. Feedback from members like you provides us with many insights that identify the needs of our customers. I sent your message to our research and development team for review and consideration in future developments.

We try to provide appropriate Skills for all our Members. I would suggest that the users of AMQP apart from adding the Skill to their profile also request to have the Skill be added to the official list by clicking "Send Feedback" at the bottom of their LinkedIn homepage.

We'll have to do some investigating to see if it should be added, so in the mean time please use one of the options we offer and change it later.

If you have any further questions, please always feel free to contact me again.

Kind Regards,

Toni
LinkedIn Customer Service
Original Contact:
Member Comment: Carol Geyer 03/19/2012 14:54
How does a Skill get added to the Linkedin official list of Skills? I represent a group of a few hundred users of the Internet standard, AMQP. If I ask all of my constituents to write in "AMQP" as a Skill on their profiles, will it become an official LinkedIn Skill with its own dedicated page?

Thanks,
Carol Geyer

 ? Would you like to learn more about how to harness the knowledge and expertise of your network?
Find training resources on the LinkedIn Learning Center or browse FAQs on the LinkedIn Help Center.
Check out New on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter®.

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission.
LinkedIn Corporation © 2012 |  Privacy Policy  |  User Agreement  |  Copyright Policy
[---001:001581:32088---]

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
YouTube:    http://www.youtube.com/oasisopen