avdl message

Subject: FW: [voting] OASIS Call For Vote: AVDL

All,

Voting is now open to approve our Committee Draft as an OASIS standard.  The
ballot will remain open until 11:45 PM EST on May 31st.  The ballot requires
15% approval of the voting members to pass.  Since we are a small committee,
it is imperative that we get the word out to friends and colleagues who are
members of OASIS asking them to support this standard.

The most beneficial thing you can as committee members is to lobby your
company's voting representative and ask them to vote in favor of the ballot.
If you do not know who your company's representative is, please bounce back
to this email.  I should be able to provide you with that information.

I want to thank everyone for your involvement and commitment over the past
year and hope that with a little extra effort, we will be able to create a
standard for our industry that will benefit all of us.  Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Kevin Heineman
Vice President of Professional Services and Engineering
S.P.I. Dynamics, Inc.
Direct: 678.781.4830
Fax: 678.781.4850
kheineman@spidynamics.com
www.spidynamics.com
Secure. Protect. Inspect.

"Gartner estimates that if 50 percent of software vulnerabilities were
removed prior to production use for purchased and internally developed
software, enterprise configuration management costs and incident response
costs would be reduced by 75 percent each."

			Gartner, Inc. Research Note
			"Require Vulnerability Testing During Software
Development"
			September 10, 2003