bcm message

Subject: Fw: [ebxml-bp] XSD schema for OASIS BPSS

Title: Message
As discussed on today's call - understanding the issues and landscape
and how to position relative to where BPSS is right now - see
Martins comments and my sense of possible short term fixins -
although obviously from the BCM stance longer term needs
beckon here...

DW.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] XSD schema for OASIS BPSS

Martin,

There's two different but related issues here IMHO.

First is simply the functionality in BPSS and the coupling that can be
done.

Second is presenting this effectively to endusers so that they can
manage what they need to manage.

I think we are on track to solve both.  Obviously for me - being able
to manage context is critical.  Clearly that is giving you all kinds of
grief in implementation - because there's only very limited ways
to do this right now in BPSS.  We've opened an issue on this
already.

The second comes down to visualization support.  I realized when
I did the OAG AutoTech scenarios - that BPSS is good for the
big picture - but when you need to dynamically draw linkages
and flows - it has less support in the XML right now.  You can
fudge it - but for endusers - you need to be specific explicit
constraints.

Monica - I think I need to open an issue and lead it for this:

"Enhanced support for explicit flow pattern logic and visualization" -

right now this is implied - but we need more to cover off user
interfaces being able to express it.  The bottom line is that UML was
intended to be the answer here - but its not - and so now we need
to add some semantics to the BPSS XML to make sure diagramming
tools have all that is needed.

Thanks, DW.