cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] accessing registries

Duane Nickull wrote:

> Martin:
>
> Comments inline:
>
> martin.me.roberts@bt.com wrote:
>
>> One current weakness in the CAM spec is accessing registry data.
>> There does not seem to be a standard for this access or a description
>> of the sort of data that might be retrieved from a registry.
>>
> Yes there is.  The ebXML Registy Services Specification (RSS)
> describes this very clearly.

+1 Just look at the QueryManager's getRegistryObject, getRepositoryItem
operations. Also look at the HTTP interface and finally look at the SQL
or Filter query interface as desribed by AdhocQueryRequest.

>> I am looking to add some form of standard description of registries
>> to the registry section so that at minimum a processor would know
>> what to call to retrieve a UID from a name and vice versa.

Not sure what UID is but to get from a UUID to a name you do the
folowing query using AdhocQueryRequest to registry:

SELECT * from RegistryObject o, Name n WHERE n.parent=o.id AND o.id =
<specified uuid>

>> Any suggestions?  I have some but would rather we had some wider input.
>>
>> I want this to work with remote registries and simple XML files.
>>
> I'll get a test registry up and give you the client package to test
> against it.

That would be verfy useful.

Alternatively you could also operate you own test registry by
downloading the open source freebXML Registry from:

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net

Thanks and good luck Martin.

--
Regards,