cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] accessing registries

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Duane Nickull wrote:
>

>> Martin:
>>
>> Comments inline:
>>
>> martin.me.roberts@bt.com wrote:
>>
>>> One current weakness in the CAM spec is accessing registry data.
>>> There does not seem to be a standard for this access or a
>>> description of the sort of data that might be retrieved from a
>>> registry.
>>>
>> Yes there is.  The ebXML Registy Services Specification (RSS)
>> describes this very clearly.
>

> +1 Just look at the QueryManager's getRegistryObject,
> getRepositoryItem operations. Also look at the HTTP interface and
> finally look at the SQL or Filter query interface as desribed by
> AdhocQueryRequest.

Oops I did not say where to look. The specs may be found here:

[3] ebXML Registry specifications
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.5/specs/

The capabilities I mentioned are dfeined in the Registry Services 2.5 spec.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh