Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Question about NVDC and APS attributes

At 02:17 PM 12/2/2004 +0100, Dieter Weidenbrueck wrote:
>[...]
>
>I think that we decided to allow for setting a view context using a
>setAttribute
>call. The view context should be specified in NVDC to match all other
>coordinates
>used in the DOM context. So the view context became a virtual view context.
>I am not 100% sure, but that's my only recollection.

Beniot has an open issue now, whether we should add region and viewcontext
to the DTD (i.e., the XCF).

Region and viewContext are already in the DOM, presumably with the proper
NVDC.  So the presence of virtualViewContext is still unexplained (or is
redundant).

I suspect that this refers to the effective rectangular region to which
zoom occurs -- one of three choices depending on the content of the
metafile and the requested zoom navigation.

Accordingly,
-- it is not an ApsAttr;
-- it must not be DOM-settable.
-- it could be inquirable via a convenience function, or not, depending on
what we decide now.

For simplicity, I suggest "not" to the latter.  In other words, delete it
from the DOM chapter.

-Lofton.