Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Changes to XCF chapters

So I'm confused....Chapter 3 is where the full discription of the APS types and APS attributes used to be in WebCGM 1.0.  Is this all changing?  I don't want to repeat what's already in another chapter...

thx...Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 11:12 AM
To: Benoit Bezaire; CGM Open WebCGM TC

Hi Benoit (& Dave) --

At 11:15 AM 1/11/2005 -0500, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>[...]
>We have been talking about an XML companion file architecture for some
>time now. Dieter and I had the action item to write it up. We're
>aiming to have it done before the Munich meeting.  Here's the first
>part... Given the spec is currently structured, we don't have "one"
>XML companion file chapter.  So first things first, Section 5. WebCGM
>XML Companion File, needed more description. We have to provided
>detailed information on each elements and attributes, this is what
>I've tried to do here. There are two things that I haven't done in
>this section yet (I think they should go here), that is to explain why
>the DTD is flat, and to expand the explanation of the metadata
>extensions a bit.  There was already something, but I think we should
>attempt to add some more and clarify.  So here is my suggestion for
>our new Section 5.  Lofton, please advise on how to proceed with the
>spec editing?

Until I am out from various admin burdens like CGMO Inc dissolutoin, I
would like continued help on Chapters 5 and 6.  I.e., I would like someone
else to own each one for a little while longer.  So far, you own Ch.6, and
Dave has owned Ch.5 (mostly DTD now).

To spread the fun around, I would like to suggest that Dave continue to own
Ch.5 for now.  He would therefore:

-- take the HTML source for current Ch.5 from WebCGM20-D2,
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/download.php/10420/WebCGM20-D2.html#DOM

-- integrate your proposed prose text (body of your message),

-- pass proposed enhanced text (HTML source) for D3 back to me.

Dave, does that sound acceptable to you?  (And to you, Benoit?)

Cheers,
-Lofton.

(P.S. -- the body of Benoit's proposed XCF text is at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/email/archives/200501/msg00007.html
)