Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] can stroke-weight be NVDC?

At 08:35 AM 5/24/2005 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>Actually, I thought it was no and no. I'm not sure it was an editorial
>mistake. We _need_ a Resolution document.

I nominate Dave.  He already goes half-way with the agenda listing issues,
and the minutes talking about resolutions.

>Which script writer would have the information to know what absolute
>NVDC value makes sense?

WebCGMPicture.width
WebCGMPicture.height

>If we allow NVDC values, do they require the 'mm' after the numbers?
>Ex; NVDC: 100mm, relative: 100%?

I don't care.  But it's not necessary, strictly speaking.  And
implementation is easier without.  Rule:  "If there is no suffix, then it
is NVDC (mm).  % suffix means percent.  No other suffixes allowed."  (I
seem to recall discussing this and deciding this, Munich or earlier.)

>Either way, I don't care very much, but we have to find a way to stop
>asking ourselves those questions. We need someone to maintain a
>Resolution document.

Okay, but ... it ain't me.  I have way too much to do already.

Frankly, I'm surprised that this became an issue.  It looked editorial --
table says one thing, and associated text says other thing(s) -- therefore
I put it out as a proposed clarification, for just this reason (to verify
editorial).

Dave, mark it as an issue please (and track resolutions, going backwards to
CD publication, I'd suggest).

-Lofton.