Subject: Re: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] WebCGM 2.0 XCF namespace question

Hi everyone,

  There are two different issues here - one is an actual, resolvable
URI that will result in accessing either the schema or a RDDL file. In
this case, we must insist that such a URI be persistent and always
access the same file. If, on the other hand, you want something that
won't be resolved by the processing application, then
www.cgmopen.org/webcgm would do the trick. We do not want years placed
in the namespaces; I don't see any difference between a year and a
version.

  It's fairly common practice that minor releases are
backwards-compatible; major releases indicate that previous datasets
will no longer validate against the new schema. So if you set up the
namespace as www.cgmopen.org/webcgm/v2 you could encompass the *latest
version* of any 2.x release. When (if) a v3 is released, a new
namespace would indicate that this version is not compatible with 2.x
data and those applications would still access the 2.x version.

  Hopefully that makes sense?

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS