Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Comments on latest changes

Thanks for your comments, Benoit.  A couple remarks are embedded...

At 04:20 PM 7/21/2005 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>[...]
>
>Here are comments regarding some of the new wording you added.

I should have put a warning in 5.5 -- I started to work on it, then stopped
to rethink how it should be.  So ... it's incomplete, to say the
least.  Next draft will be more suitable for commenting.

>5.5 Basic Data Types
>i) "... For Java and ECMAScript, WebCGMString is bound to the String
>type because both languages also use UTF-16 as their encoding.The
>WebCGM DOM has many interfaces that imply string matching. For XML,
>string comparisons are case-sensitive and performed with a binary
>comparison of the 16-bit units of the WebCGMStrings."

[This wording is original and I have not yet touched it.]

>I would only say "For ECMAScript, ...", don't mention Java script, it
>is not a standard.

Agreed.

>I wouldn't get into the XML string comparison
>either, that belongs to the XML spec, it's not for us to define.

That's okay with me, I'll implement your suggestion unless someone objects
and wants to talk about it.

>ii) You can remove "Within the SVG DOM, a <number> is represented as a
>float or an SVGAnimatedNumber.", I don't think we'll need that :)

Oops.  Yes, we can probably do without that.  (I was doing some wording
copy-paste from the SVG 1.1 data types section.)

>5.7.3 Interface WebCGMMetafile
>
>i) 'src' needs an example to make sure that URI are for example:
>http://example.org/sample.cgm#myId
>and not:
>'http://example.org/sample.cgm#myId' 'my title' '_new'
>It has to be a URI, not a linkuri encoded as a delimited string.

I'll add such an example, thanks.

Cheers,