Subject: pan and zoom in 2.1

At 10:20 PM 9/3/2007 +0000, david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com wrote:
>[...]
>Rev 2 added the transparency issue View Document Details:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/document.php?document_id=25179
>Download
>Document:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/download.php/25179/WebCGM_21_list_r2.html
>Revision: This document is revision #2 of WebCGM_21_list.html.

Under the animation section is listed, "2.  generic pan and zoom inteface".

I think we also discussed in Seattle, and as I recall there was some
agreement that it would be useful:  an interface to allow one to inquire
object extents.  The rationale went like this...

For the zoom functionality to be useful, you must be able to specify the
amount of zoom relative to the characteristics of your zoom target.  There
is a collection of 2.0 object behaviors that currently allow some
imprecise, generic control of the post-execution view of a linkuri to an
object.  These could also be attached these to a new zoom-pan interface.

But precise control is possible and easy -- instead or in addition to
generic object-behavior-based zoom controls -- if one can inquire the
extents, and then feed back that kind of info (e.g., "extents*1.075) as a
zoom control.

As a related aside, when I was researching the 1.0 and 2.0 errata, I came
upon an unsatisfied object-behaviors need that was discussed during 2.0
development but not implemented in 2.0 -- the ability to specify the margin
around the object for linkuri object-behavior zooming.

Background:  The script animations of Molly & Larry (demo'd and described)
had one sequence where they zoomed in on a control panel dial, or something
like that.

Seattle attendees -- am I remembering our discussions correctly?

Cheers,