Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: regex APS addressing

At 12:34 PM 12/6/2007 -0800, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>Summary of discussion during telecon of 5 Dec 2007:
>The majority of vendors thought option 1 was the best choice, without
>definite user requests.
>The majority of the users indicated that option 3 was a "nice to have",
>but could live with option 1
>
>Lofton summarized that option 3 it is a utility feature that is not
>critical to the standard.

To be slightly more complete...

I also wondered about how many script-writing users would essentially
replicate the functionality?  IMO, if it turns out that almost everyone
(i.e., all users) need to do the same thing -- write some subset or another
of ApsAttr-searching code -- then it makes sense to add the convenience
method to the DOM.

As Stuart says, we don't know yet how widespread the need will be...