Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] getAppStructureExtent() was getObjectExtent()

Stuart --

Good job, especially the completeness by looking at every section for
needed changes.

One small nit...

At 04:09 PM 2/22/2008 -0800, Galt, Stuart A wrote:
>Markups for getAppStructureExtent()
>
>Chapter 1 - no changes
>Chapter 2 - no changes
>Chapter 3 - no changes
>Chapter 4 - no changes
>
>In 5.7.6 add to the IDL list
>
>WebCGMString             getAppStructureExtent();
>
>Add to the method descriptions:
>
>getAppStructureExtent()
>         Retrieves the bounding box rectangle of the graphic elements
>within an APS.  The rectangle is defined the two corner points.
>Parameters
>         None
>Return Value
>         WebCGMString; the bounding rectangle min and max pairs stored in
>a string, or the empty string if the APS contains no graphical elements.

I seem to recall that we decided, about rectangles, that we would always
parameterize as two diagonally-opposite corner points.  So instead of

xmin,xmax,ymin,ymax
or
xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax

it would be:
x1,y1,x2,y2 (the coordinates of P1,P2, which are two diagonally-opposite
corner points).

This looks similar to xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax, but it allows the use of either
pair of diagonally-opposite corner points, whereas the min-max only allows
for the one pair.

It is a small point.  But it is at variance with present (2.0) practice in
Ch.3 and Ch.5, and I seem to recall some earlier resolution to stick with
the way of CGM:1999 and WebCGM 2.0.

Does anyone want to argue for min/max pairs?

-Lofton.