Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Text of Regex

Stuart and all,

you suggest for 2.7:

There is no mechanism to load the entire DOM tree by use of a "*" and
there is no built in functionality to retrieve nodes based on the
results of a regular expression applied to an attribute.  An example on
how to do this is described in Appendix F.

Does that mean that a compliant viewer becomes uncompliant if it
provides such functionality?
Will there be a test for the lack of a "*" functionality?
I am unsure whether we should describe in a spec the functionality that
is NOT there unless it is normative, e.g.
...a compliant implementation MUST NOT allow for usage of "*"... or
similar.

Comments?

Regards,
Dieter