Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: aci/viewer association

I see three different cases in how CGMs are deployed

1) As part of an self contained application.  In an IETP the
application, the viewer and the data are all delivered at the same time.
Because I pick the viewer I can make sure it points to the configuration
file.

2) As a stand alone data set.  I don't control the application in this
case but with a bit of luck the person that installs and manages the
data on the customer system should be able to configure the viewer of
their choice to point to the configuration file.

3) The web application.  In this case the user did nothing more than
follow a link.  The cofiguration of the user machine is unknown to me
and it is unlikely that the user will either lack knowledge and/or
permission to set the configuration themselves.

We currently deliver techincal data in all the ways.

--
Stuart Galt
SGML Resource Group