Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: aci/viewer association

I understand all that...I was releasing a little tension based on
seemingly vendor control of what they wanted to do...

Anyway, the concept of the same method across OS didn't just come up 2
days ago. See my message of Mar 21
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200803/msg00095.html.
It probably doesn't address the actual association methodology, but at
that time I thought we had the method down.

Talk to you all in the AM.

Thx...Dave

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:49 PM
To: Cruikshank, David W; Bezaire, Benoit; CGM Open WebCGM TC

At 10:06 AM 5/20/2008 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>Sorry for introducing the concept of "user" requirements into the
>process.

Actually, we do have approved user requirement documents:
[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26392/WebCGM%202_1%20R
equirements.htm
[2]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/download.php/26
099/Attributes_Table.pdf

The first time I saw this detail of the font-sub requirement articulated
was in your message of two days ago.  Perhaps concern with this is what
Benoit was trying to express?

There is no hint in [1] and [2] of the additional requirement detail
(same-invocation-method-on-every-OS).

I had a similar issue with the defaults stuff, binding LETD to line
types 1..5.  The endorsed requirements seem pretty clear about making
"dash" look uniform on every system.  There is a proposal that it should
allow the reassignment of any line type to 1..5.  (The proposal is
actually in the
CD01 text, which no one had a chance to review before inclusion in the
published CD01.)

To me, such modifications of requirements should get TC endorsement.  It
is just a matter of good process.

-Lofton.