Subject: Test Suite: Status of V1 - V3 tests

All,

It is difficult to tell what is missing from the v1 - v3 static tests
without knowing exactly what is already present. Since there are 232 tests
in the present version of the test suite, determining the answer to that
question is a somewhat daunting task. I decided the best way to approach
this is to write a script (or scripts) that will run MetaCheck on all of the
CGMs and build a report on which elements are present in each file. I am
working on that right now.

I've also noticed that some of the current tests are incomplete; they are
missing one or more pieces of information. For example, look at the Line
Style Definition tests. For each one, the CGM Purpose and Check Points both
say "...TBD...." I'll try and work on those as I find them.

I also think we should consider rearranging the layout of the HTML test
harness so that the CGM and reference PNG can be viewed side-by-side in the
same browser window (like we do for the 2.0 tests).

I plan on keeping the "look and feel" the same as new tests are added to
cover features that aren't currently tested.

I'll be traveling the next two weeks, but I should have email access most of
the time.

Rob

<<application/ms-tnef>>