Subject: Re: [cgmopen-members] *draft* Phone Conference Minutes

A couple of comments embedded...

At 02:09 PM 1/2/03 -0800, Bruce L. Garner wrote:
>The product pages look great!
>
>A few comments on the new product pages, maybe only two, maybe more.
>
>1) On the product page with the produc listing, I suggest that the line
>       WebCGM Support Page
>    be change to resd
>        WebCGM Conformance Statement
>    or
>       WebCGM Conformance
>or some similar wording. I think the word "support" doesn't convey the
>desired meaning.

Good point.  In the W3C QA work, these are now called "Implementation
Conformance Statement" (ICS).  That derived from NIST work, and is also
written into the OASIS Conformance TC specifications.

The blank form would be an "ICS pro-forma".  (We have been using
unqualified "pro-forma" for everything.)

>2) In the proforma tables, I suggest thet the line
>       WebCGM viewer checklist table
>    be modicied to read
>      WebCGM viewer checklist table for Xxxx product
>
>3) I am surprised that none of the pro-forma pages is completed, though
>I understand that these are to be completed before the product pages go
>public.

Here's the plan...

At initial publication of the pages:  blank ICS pro-formas and instruction
to users to "ask your vendor to fill in the information".

60 days from publication:  vendor replaces the blank with completed ICS (or
else product is removed from pages).

>I expect that in the next three months, the pro-formas will be refined
>and improved.

Yes, as above.

Regards,
-Lofton.