Subject: RE: [chairs] A suggestion

Title: RE: [chairs] A suggestion

Hi Karl and Ram:
I would second Ram's suggestion. It is nice to build a community around a specification. There is value to the user...For example, notification of an update or any new news. I realize that people are sometimes unwilling to give their identity but it could be an opt in feature to be notified. The count of downloads is at the minimum an interesting metric.

Regards,
Hari Reddy
Chair, OASIS Rights Language TC

-----Original Message-----
From: Ram Kumar [mailto:rkumar@msi.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 7:06 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: karl.best@oasis-open.org
Subject: [chairs] A suggestion

Karl

I have a suggestion. Is there a way that OASIS can provide on all TC web sites
the capability to track organisations/people downloading the specifications?
Most of the standards consortiums provide this feature to help them keep
track of the number of downloads of the specs., and an idea of who is
evaluating/using the specs for what purpose. Our committee specs. are now
being downloaded heavily from all over the world and we are keen to know the
different type of applications that are intending to use the specs. But we
just cannot track the usage. So, some sort of simple registration before
downloading the specs could be really a worthwhile one for us and may be for
other TCs.

This is just a suggestion.

Thanks and regards

Ram Kumar