Subject: RE: [chairs] At long last, filenaming rules document

[Rob] I personally also do not care for the date, but we should probably
leave it up to each TC or submitter to choose.  It can't appear in the OASIS
standard name, which I like and I'd prefer not to see it on final committee
specs.  But if a TC wants to use that approach, why not let them

> > tcid-description-version-draft-revision[-extdesc].ext
> >
> > Question - should we be using '.' in name,
> > as in -1.0-draft?
> >
> > Some systems use that to denote end of name,
> > beginning of extension.
> >
> > Maybe '_' instead?
>
> Ah yes, I was wondering about this.  I still resist putting multiple
> periods in filenames, although I haven't had a technical problem with it
> in many, many years.  What do others think?  FWIW, in UBL, we use "p" to
> stand for "point", like 0p70 for "version zero point seventy".

[Rob] I'm not aware of any modern systems that continue to have problems
with such names; does anyone else?  I think the dots are cleaner looking
than "_" (ugh!) or "p" (double ugh!) :-) - I say we stick with the dots.

Do you think it's worth adding an explanation of why hyphens are recommended
and underscores are just "may".  I'm okay with the current recommended/may
wording - it's just a minor suggestion.