Subject: RE: [chairs] Re: Quorum required for good standing

The key point is that under the current rules, just by sending an email to
the chair and NEVER SHOWING UP for any meeting or call, a few people can
keep a TC from attaining quorum, EVER. The phenomenon of people signing up
and never showing up has occurred on every TC I have joined. Most of the TCs
I have joined have had repeated difficulties achieving quorum at some point
in their lifecycle, usually in the first few months.

In the "Organizing and Conducting Meetings" section of the Oasis TC
Guidelines it says:

"Only quorate meetings (majority of members in attendance) can be used to
determine membership based on attendance, and TC decisions can only be made
with quorum in attendance."

Hal