Subject: initial review of OASIS TC Process changes

Chairs, TAB:

For the past several months I've been accumulating suggestions for
changes to the OASIS TC Process and so, as seems to be the case every
year about this time, it's time to revise the document again.

Many of these changes are improvements to the Process based on my
experience administering the Process and your experience using the Process.

In addition, there are a number of changes that are required in order to
implement a newly revised OASIS IPR Policy which is being developed by a
subcommmittee of the OASIS Board. (I'll be sending this out for your
comment soon.) In the past these two documents have been quite separate,
but as the subcommittee has been working on the IPR Policy we've
realized that there are quite a number of things that are "IPR process"
rather than simply "IPR policy", and rather than having two "process"
documents we've decided that these should be added to the TC Process.

Attached are two documents. The first is a summary of the changes with
justfication, and the second is a marked-up copy of the existing Process
document with changes highlighted. This is just the first round of
review, but my intent is to have these completed and approved in the
next couple of months. Please send me comments on this first draft of
the TC Process revision by the end of this week.

thanks
-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org

oasis_tc_process_spring2003.pdf

application/applefile

Changes to OASIS TC Process.doc