Subject: Re: [chairs] need your comments on DocMgmt system requirements

The way I would implement this would be to have a special type of document that is a "virtual document", and have the UI detect that, so for example, the WebUI would build XML or something like:

wd-ebms-01.virt:
<virtual-document>
<name>wd-ebms-01</name>
<desc>ebMS 2.1 Draft 1</desc>
<real-file-mapping>
<format type="pdf" location-type="url">http://mattsmachine/ebms.pdf</format>
<format type="msword" location-type="kavi">repositoryID</format>
</real-file-mapping>
</virtual-document>

There are more elegant ways to accomplish this when using something like an ebXML Registry.

-Matt