Subject: RE: [chairs] Simplified TC attendance rules (when)

     Rob asked a couple of questions.  I will break up and answer them in
separate posts for threading.
     The first was, when's the change effective?  Answer: immediately upon
posting.  Which we are doing today (Thursday 11 August).  You're right that
some major packages of changes were rolled out in advance with a
post-announcement effective date.  But more often these rules are just
amended and effective immediately, as with this one.    (We understood from
your feedback that people wanted this on line right away.)   JBC