Subject: Re: [chairs] OASIS IRC

    Doug, if I recall correctly, you wrote this.  (Matt did create a similar, queuing-only widget last year, as well.)  Seems like a handy device, and obviously the minor amount of persistence is helpful.  Assuming that it proves feasible -- which is a matter I leave to our tech staff --  is that code that you would be willing to let OASIS run?  And is there any obvious reason (from the external viewpoint) why we couldn't?  As opposed to hosting on what I assume is a personally owned branch of some TUCOWS node.   The latter is the sort of thing that our rules encourage us to replace with persistent OASIS resources.   Regards  Jamie