Subject: Re: [chairs] OASIS TC Involvement at the May Symposium

     Jane is on well-deserved leave.  Carol has taken point on Symposium
for now.   More below.

At 01:28 PM 12/7/2005, Jeff Mischkinsky wrote:
>On Nov 30, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Jane Harnad wrote:
>>Dear OASIS Technical Committee Chairs:
>>As an OASIS TC chair, your help is needed to:
>>1. discuss the advantages of holding a F2F at the Symposium during your
>>next TC meeting
>
>What logistical facilities are being provided for TC meetings? For many
>TCs (certainly the ones i am familiar with) require at a minimum: a good
>speaker phone, high speed internet connectivity, and a projector in order
>to conduct a productive f2f meeting.

    Carol has details (which we *may* have posted before, but she'd know)
and I need to defer to her there.

>What is being done to facilitate scheduling so that TC's with large
>overlapping memberships do not conflict?  cheers, jeff

     Hmm, interesting Q.  Normally we manage rooms (if we have 5 rooms, we
don't permit more than 5 simultaneous mtgs)
     but we haven't officially taken it on to manage conflicts (there's
member overlaps between ws-foo and ws-bar so don;t let them schedule at the
same slot).  If we see probable conflicts, we certainly can call them to
the attention of the scheduling TCs, though.
     JBC