Subject: Re: [chairs] report on grumblings from some TCs

Hi Jamie,

I understood, and understand about the most recent increase in
technical requirements and the need for these, and some of the
grumblings I referred to are definitely not taking this into
consideration, and I have tried to point that out. I also agree that
the delays related to the need for revisions will decrease as TCs
become more accustomed to the changes and bring in the review-ready
versions in better shape. I am also glad that you are aware of the
various factors at play in this. Perhaps we could schedule a chairs
meeting at the Symposium? I know how difficult that would be, but it
might actually be a good time to do a reality check since we will all
have had a bit more experience with these improved procedures, and I
do think that this is an improvement and a move in the right
direction.

My comments were more of a nudge than comment. And certainly not a
specific comment related to a specific incident. Just wanted to let
you know what I'd heard before it ever gets a chance to come to a
head, especially not with yours truly anywhere in proximity of the
midpoint.

Thanks,
Rex

--