Subject: RE: [chairs] What can Standards Development / TC Administration doto help?

> People still use urn based ns?

Yes, and they are far from dead (at OASIS and IETF, anyway). I'd
guess that statistically 'most' IETF specs use URNs, but I may be
wrong about that.

Recent examples at OASIS:

SAML V2.0 Kerberos Web Browser SSO Profile Version 1.0
Declared XML Namespace(s):
   urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:profiles:kerberos:SSO:browser
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-kerberos-browser-sso-cd-01.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201004/msg00005.html

Common Alerting Protocol Version 1.2
Declared XML Namespace:
   urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:cap:1.2
http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/cap/v1.2/pr03/CAP-v1.2-PR03.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201003/msg00016.html

Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument)
Version 1.2, Part 3: Packages
Declared XML Namespaces:
   urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:manifest:1.0
   urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:digitalsignature:1.0
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/part3/cd01/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-cd01.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200911/msg00007.html

  -rcc

Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html