ciq message

Subject: RE: Tag naming syntax

Hello Ram,

> How are things moving with the integration of AND Global Address and
> the address part of NAML?

Working on it right at this moment - is a bit more work than expected as I
also believe there is a need (for non-address experts) to simplify some GA
structures without losing "expressibility" (validation).

> >From my side, I have re-vamped CIML to now be xCIL and xCIL follows
> the tagging style we agreed upon. The xCIL documentation is
> now complete
> with OASIS being the owner of the doc. The document includes
> IPR notice of
> OASIS
> and acknowledgements. I will work on modifying the existing
> examples for
> xCIL
> to address these changes.

That's neat - when can you send around a draft of xCIL?

> I am also working on modifying the name component of xNAL to
> incorporate the
> changes required and am also working on the xNAL documentation.
>
> In the mean time, I have removed some name components from xNAL that
> was dealing with Company and person relationships. I have now included
> these relationships into a new XML language that my company
> is working on
> called xCRML : eXtensible Customer Relationship Management Language.
> This language will deal with customer relationships that could be:
> * Person-Person relationship
> * Person-company relationship
> * company-company relationship
> Our company intends to submit this new language to OASIS in
> the near future.

Sounds good, but I'm not sure I'm following this... could you please
clarify/confirm
- that this information will in your opinion still be needed in xCIL/xNAL
- When you say you're submitting this to OASIS I assume you mean for use by
CIQ?
- Isn't this just part of the regular CIQ work? What is the reason to take
this path to "submission"? Naturally I agree to the need to recognize both
our companies' efforts, but we're in a position to take care of that in the
documentation we put out.

One small request from my side if you do wish to stick to the MSI labeling:
Now we're using the small "x" as prefix for our OASIS specifications (xNAL,
xCIL) as opposed to GlobalAddress and NAML/CIML, could you please avoid
confusing by keeping the "x" naming for the OASIS specs (and name any MSI
work in this area CRMML for example)?

> I have not heard from John Bennett at all. I do not know what
> is going on!

Maybe give him a wakeup call :-)  We don't have his home number, do we?
;-))))

Cheers,
Vince