ciq message

Subject: RE: Tag naming syntax

Vincent

OK

> > >From my side, I have re-vamped CIML to now be xCIL and xCIL follows
> > the tagging style we agreed upon. The xCIL documentation is
> > now complete
> > with OASIS being the owner of the doc. The document includes
> > IPR notice of
> > OASIS
> > and acknowledgements. I will work on modifying the existing
> > examples for
> > xCIL
> > to address these changes.
>
> That's neat - when can you send around a draft of xCIL?

I will make sure it is available soon. I am currently held up with
some urgent work.

> > I am also working on modifying the name component of xNAL to
> > incorporate the
> > changes required and am also working on the xNAL documentation.
> >
> > In the mean time, I have removed some name components from xNAL that
> > was dealing with Company and person relationships. I have
> now included
> > these relationships into a new XML language that my company
> > is working on
> > called xCRML : eXtensible Customer Relationship Management Language.
> > This language will deal with customer relationships that could be:
> > * Person-Person relationship
> > * Person-company relationship
> > * company-company relationship
> > Our company intends to submit this new language to OASIS in
> > the near future.
>
> Sounds good, but I'm not sure I'm following this... could you please
> clarify/confirm
> - that this information will in your opinion still be needed
> in xCIL/xNAL

No.

> - When you say you're submitting this to OASIS I assume you
> mean for use by
> CIQ?

Given that it is a new language and was not part of CIQ as accepted
by OASIS, I have to submit this to OASIS and OASIS in turn could
end up with a new TC for this or classify it under CIQ. I am not sure.
CRM is a different area by itself compared to Customer Profile Management.

> - Isn't this just part of the regular CIQ work? What is the
> reason to take
> this path to "submission"? Naturally I agree to the need to
> recognize both
> our companies' efforts, but we're in a position to take care
> of that in the
> documentation we put out.

No. This is not part of the regular work of CIQ. It is a separate
initiative by MSI. Once MSI submits this work to OASIS and if
OASIS brings this work under CIQ, then it becomes just part of
the regular work of CIQ.

> One small request from my side if you do wish to stick to the
> MSI labeling:
> Now we're using the small "x" as prefix for our OASIS
> specifications (xNAL,
> xCIL) as opposed to GlobalAddress and NAML/CIML, could you
> please avoid
> confusing by keeping the "x" naming for the OASIS specs (and
> name any MSI
> work in this area CRMML for example)?

Good point. I will do that immediately.

> > I have not heard from John Bennett at all. I do not know what
> > is going on!
>
> Maybe give him a wakeup call :-)  We don't have his home
> number, do we?
> ;-))))

I will try to see whether I have his card.

Cheers

Ram