ciq message

Subject: FW: [cpexchange-wg] CPExchange Conference Call Notes

Hi all

FYI. Looks positive!

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: smarshall@printing.org [mailto:smarshall@printing.org]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 6:38 AM
To: cpexchange-wg@yahoogroups.com

CPExchange Conference Call Notes
1-2pm     6/5/2001

Present:

Ron Schmelzer
Alan Wycke
Tom Edwards
Rosemary Gillespie
Leonard Stewart

Agenda:

-Convergence with other standards efforts
- Governance Model
- Marketing

All agreed that since the development of the standard, folks have
stepped back and are virtually waiting for things to happen.  We need
to have someone take the standard to the next level.

The spec as is, is a little bit difficult to implement.  However, the
implementation needs to happen next.  We need to articulate our plan
and take it to the next level without redundant efforts.

Therefore, OASIS will be the main prospect at this time.  The
IDEAlliance standard is very well put together.  Since IDEAlliance and
OASIS have different goals the overall applications will work well
together.  IDEAlliance will focus efforts in working on the adoption,
resources and implementation of the standard.

We will re-approach large companies like IBM to poll the interest, as
well as prospect SAP, Seybold, Oracle, etc., to become re-involved.
All agreed that we have a standard and an adequate budget.  The next
step is to get a plan. The meeting date of June 11th will be changed
to a WEBEX conference in the near future.