ciq message

Subject: Fwd: Curious about modeling Hanoi Addresses

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Lancaster <tom@newhanoian.com>
Date: Sep 3, 2006 5:02 PM
Subject: Curious about modeling Hanoi Addresses
To: kumar.sydney@gmail.com

Hi,

I've reviewed the examples in the download, and unfortunately didn't
find anything that resembles Hanoi addresses. If you have time to look
at this I'd appreciate your advice (or if you can recommend to me a
mailing list that might help).

My address in Hanoi, for instance ( and it is of the complex type ) is

5 378/47 Duong Le Duan,
Dong Da,
Ha Noi.

Where "5" is house number,
"378" is alley number ( this number corresponds to the address of the
house on Duong Le Duan that is closest to the alley inlet )
"47" is blind alley number ( meaning the number of the house closest
to the inlet of the dead-end alley, on the above alley )
"Duong Le Duan" Means Le Duan Way,
"Dong Da" is the district of the city.
"Ha Noi" is, of course, the city

This is the modern way of doing addresses here. Previously people
talked about wards and other things which are obscure to me.

TIA,

Best Regards,

Tom Lancaster