clr-dev message

Subject: Re: [clr-dev] Use of genericode

Ken wrote:
> I don't know UML, so perhaps someone else on the committee or in the
> community should comment.  But, if you think of genericode as
> representing a keyed table, then if UML can represent a keyed table
> the answer to "can the content found in genericode code lists also be
> expressed in UML?" would be "yes".  Since genericode specifies a file
> format, one can't express genericode (per se) in UML, but one should
> be able to represent the content found in genericode in UML.

I don't know UML well enough to be sure, but I *think* it can't
represent a keyed table. I'm hoping someone will tell me differently,
though. I've only been using UML class diagrams for about six months,
so I could be overlooking something.

I'd definitely like to hear from others on the committee or in the community!

>> And what about the context/value association spec?

> It is an early work in progress.

So it would not be advisable to use it just yet, I would think.

Linda