clr-dev message

Subject: Re: [clr-dev] Question about the validation tools

At 2010-05-13 07:44 -0700, ericdes wrote:
>Yes, my question was more related to the validation process that you
>mentioned in (2). Maybe I should re-phrase my question like this:
>
>Are there any (or where are the) specifications regarding for
>example what predicates are valid within the context section of a CVA file?

Any XPath expression can be used.

>Or should I take the XSLT tool you mentioned earlier as "the" way to
>define what is valid or not?

Not at all.  Any implementation of CVA/genericode can be used.  That
is why the OASIS committee rejected adopting any source code ... so
that users would not feel obliged to use the source code from the committee.

>I'm thinking of how to insure interoperability between various ways
>of validating.

For the OASIS CLRTC the interoperability is in the format
specification.  It is up to implementations to interpret the file
format according to the specification.  OASIS also does not do any
kind of certification, so I'm not sure how you would ensure such
interoperability.

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01