Subject: Statements of use for genericode

Hi folks,

At this time I still have not received in writing any indication from
a volunteer to write a statement of use regarding genericode.  We
need three organizational members (individuals do not count):

===8<---
Section 1 Definition (dd) "Statement of Use", with respect to a
specification, is a written statement by an OASIS Organizational
Member stating that it is successfully using or implementing that
specification in accordance with the conformance clauses specified in
Section 2.18*, and stating whether its use included the
interoperation of multiple independent implementations.

3.4 Approval of an OASIS Standard

Simultaneously with the approval of a Committee Specification or at a
later date, and after three Statements of Use have been presented to
the TC, a TC may resolve by Special Majority Vote to submit the
Committee Specification to the Membership of OASIS for consideration
as an OASIS Standard.
===8<---

Mary, given that CIQ and UBL are other OASIS TCs that are using
genericode, can we not use these (and by indirection their stated
users) as justification for this specification?  I don't see anything
in the process that allows this, yet it would seem obvious this would
be an acceptable criterion.

Organizational members please contact me off list if they are willing
to be included in the list of those filing a "statement of use".  The
actual statement cannot yet be written until we add a conformance
clause to the public review draft.

Thanks!

--
Upcoming hands-on training:  UBL Oct 1-3,5, Code lists Oct 2, 2007
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc