Subject: RE: [codelist] Proposed directories for Committee Draft 2

My notes aren't too good, but I think we discussed some of this in our
1-May-2007 teleconference. The approach you describe here seems to be
fine, accomplishing the objective of access to all versions, and a
static redirect to the latest version. Did we talk about a separate
redirect for the latest "approved" version?

Also, I recall we discussed using the same folder structure for
corresponding requirements.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:01 PM
To: Code List Representation TC

Hello again,

I note that the Committee Draft 1 files are all in the same directory:

   /codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/doc

I've looked through our archives trying to find our earlier
discussions on subdirectories, and I cannot find anything.  I thought
we discussed this ... can anyone find a record of what we decided?

Until we find what we decided earlier, I propose we try the following
directories and files for our next delivery:

  /codelist/ns/genericode/cd2-1.0/index.html (the RDDL document)

/codelist/cd2-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-generico
de.odt

/codelist/cd2-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-generico
de.pdf

/codelist/cd2-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-requirem
ents-1.0.1.odt

/codelist/cd2-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-requirem
ents-1.0.1.pdf

  /codelist/cd2-genericode-1.0/xsd/genericode.xsd
  /codelist/cd2-genericode-1.0/xsd/xml.xsd

I can't think of anything else to include ... am I missing anything?

The directories for the committee specification would be:

  /codelist/ns/genericode/cs-1.0/index.html

/codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericod
e.odt

/codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericod
e.pdf

/codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-requireme
nts-1.0.1.odt

/codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-requireme
nts-1.0.1.pdf

  /codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/xsd/genericode.xsd
  /codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/xsd/xml.xsd

When we get finalized versions of everything, the locations of all
files would be:

  /codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/index.html

/codelist/genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.o
dt

/codelist/genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.p
df

/codelist/genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-requirements
-1.0.1.odt

/codelist/genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-requirements
-1.0.1.pdf

  /codelist/genericode-1.0/xsd/genericode.xsd
  /codelist/genericode-1.0/xsd/xml.xsd

This way we will always have unique locations for all files for all
releases, both draft and final.

Then the following directory (which is already there) will act as the
server-side redirect to the latest directory:

   /codelist/genericode/

I do not believe we need server-side redirects for the namespace
directories.

Please share your thoughts on this.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc