Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Proposal - Top Level Relationship Object

Shouldn't there be a statement of who is asserting the relationship? "created_by" or "asserted_by" or similar?

Otherwise, as a STIX document gets passed around with people asserting more and more relationships with data, how do you know the originator of that information.

Is this assumed to be a component of the ID somehow?
-
Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Wunder, John A." ---2015/07/30 09:04:36 AM---Thanks Bret, good points. Updated and removed the redun"Wunder, John A." ---2015/07/30 09:04:36 AM---Thanks Bret, good points. Updated and removed the redundancy of both occurrence and optional/require

From: "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>
To: "Thompson, Dean" <Dean.Thompson@anz.com>, "'Jordan, Bret'" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Cc: "'Patrick Maroney'" <Pmaroney@Specere.org>, "'Terry MacDonald'" <terry.macdonald@threatloop.com>, Jason Keirstead/CanEast/IBM@IBMCA, "'cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org'" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>, "'Chris O'Brien'" <cobrien@cert.gov.uk>, "'JG on CTI-TC'" <jg@ctin.us>, "Baker, Jon" <bakerj@mitre.org>, "'Aharon Chernin'" <achernin@soltra.com>
Date: 2015/07/30 09:04 AM
Sent by: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

Thanks Bret, good points. Updated and removed the redundancy of both occurrence and optional/required statements.Also I apparently missed that Description is multiple elements. Is the intent behind that multiple languages? Multiple markings? Multiple paragraphs? If we do that, does that mean description needs to be something other than a plain array of strings?

Keep in mind that STIX 1.2 is complicated for a reason. If we try to do everything that STIX 1.2 does we will end up with something just as complicated. Sometimes a simple 90% solution is better than a very complicated 99.9% solution. (If you can't tell, I would prefer to allow a single string description.)

John

PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447 F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050

<trimmed>