Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [EXT] Re: [cti-stix] Rename of Intel Note to Note

Yeah, the Note object here is just Intel Note as we’ve previously discussed (originally proposed by Allan). It has a standard embedded relationship to all SDOs. I think we have a really solid definition for the scope on that one and how it’s distinct from other objects.

Event and Incident is a broader topic, we made a bunch of good progress on the working call earlier for that one, I owe a readout to the list.

John

From: "Bret Jordan (CS)" <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 9:41 PM
To: Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>
Cc: John Wunder <jwunder@mitre.org>, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

The Note object was created to track notes, activities, analyst assessments, extra textual data, etc etc.  So we are not conflating anything.  In fact, we are doing the opposite.  The event object had this concept of an activity log, that has been removed in place of just using events. This will mean there is no longer two ways of recording this kind of information.

Bret