Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Backwards compatibility with TAXII 1.1 in discovery

I think we just support TAXII 2.0. There are already software packages people can use to interact using TAXII 1.x. If someone needs to use TAXII 1.x then it's easiest for everyone if we make that system independent of the TAXII 2.0/STIX 2.0 eco system.

The fact is that if someone is interacting with a TAXII 2.0 server, then they will support STIX 2.0, and won't want to access less descriptive STIX 1.x content over a TAXII 1.x connection.

There only time someone will need to access TAXII 1.x content is when they don't support TAXII 2/STIX 2, which means they won't need the ability to be redirected to TAXII 1.x during discovery. It's functionality that's not required.

It's just simpler to keep TAXII 1.x and TAXII 2.0 fully independent.

Cheers
Terry MacDonald
Cosive